This position helps Risk Consultants & Risk Reporting Supervisor to monitor Commodity, FX & Compliance reports.
It is responsible to perform activities to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the FX and Comodity or Raw Material position. Jointly with trading teams and other functions, reconcile profits and losses generated by the different risk activities.
This position will coordinate some activities to comply with accounting, derivatives compliance, legal, tax, and regulatory requirements related to the type of solution and countries in the scope of the agreement in place, or related to structures for new business or new product offerings.
1) Analysis & Reporting for Commodity and FX Position Monitoring:
• Perform and report FX exposure and Comodity Positions process in the sub region
• Ensure the integrity of trading positions through accurate trade capture and the usage of timely and accurate market data.
• Reconcile between traders, brokers and systems, including revaluing positions to current market prices (mark-to-market)
• Analize accurate and timely position reports for commodity, foreign exchange, to the multiple stakeholders involved including trading team, the commercial team, other Finance functions, the Cargill Risk Committee, and external regulators such as the CFTC.
• Ensure positions and be able to explain underlying low to medium complexity reasons for movements.
• Conduct analysis on trade-related risks and partner with traders and other functions teams to identify, analize, and include risks on the position report.
• Manage timely market price curve calculations and validate trader’s curves. Ensure appropriate market data (prices, volatilities, spreads, basis, etc) are received from sources and validated.
• Monitor compliance with pre-established limits, communicate breaches, and promply follow up on corrective actions.
2) Analysis & Reporting for Trading P&L Flag Verification:
• Validate, reconcile, and report daily P&L Flag.
• Partner with trading in providing explanations to trading activities impacting the business P&L.
• Provides technical accounting data and information to Finance and Business partners and collaborates with A&F peers and cross-functional colleagues to determine key financial information to include in the financial and management reports.
• Helps in the identification of process simplification, standardization and automatization on position reporting flag to improve effectiveness and efficiency. And will be directly involved in its implementation.
• Actively participate in new systems implementations as a trading subject matter expert.
3) Compliance: Derivatives Compliance:
• in conjuction with the Global Risk Services and Financial Risk Management leads coordinate necessary activities to complete and get approval for CPRS PAFs.
• Involve cross functional team as needed to implement structure/flow in accordance with the legal, tax, compliance, and accounting requirements.
• Coordinate additional compliance activities such as CFTC report.
• Monitors and measures compliance to the internal control framework
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
· Minimum 3 years of accounting and/or commodity risk management experience
· Self starter with a curious and inquisitive mind with proven ability to challenge and influence changes
· Strong financial analysis skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with many functional groups and levels – both written and orally.
· Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects effectively.
· Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional initiatives
· Strong attention to detail.
· Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to internal controls.
· English proficiency
· Experience in multiple ERPs (SAP, JDE, One World, Lynx)
· Experience in commodity position or P&L analysis