Position title: Material Assistant
Appointment Process No: BAIRS-2018-06
Department: Embassy of Canada in Argentina
Number of Vacancies: 1
Group and level: LE-05
Salary range: Starting salary of 430,785 ARP annually (plus aguinaldo, private medical insurance, and other benefits required by local law)
Location: Embassy of Canada in Argentina, Buenos Aires
Closing date: October 24th, 2018
Summary of Duties:
The Embassy of Canada in Argentina has a requirement for a Material Assistant with responsibilities including:
Under the general supervision coordinates, organizes and implements the purchasing of all materiel for the mission, and its receipt, storage, distribution and disposal; plans, organizes and controls the maintenance, repair and replacement of materiel resources; collects data for the development of the mission's materiel budget; coordinates and organizes the purchase and distribution of all office supplies; controls the mission Distribution Accounts; controls and organizes the maintenance and distribution of the mission Hospitality equipment and Pack-up Kits; responsible for taking action on all customs clearances and performs other duties.
Area of selection/Eligibility:
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Argentina, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date.
· University Degree (program of min. 2 years) or at least 3 years of related experience
· Advanced fluency in English and Spanish
· Minimum of 1 year experience in purchasing
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in customer service
· Knowledge of basic administrative and financial procedures
· Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Office applications
· Effective oral and written communication
· Evaluate and prioritize tasks
· Work under pressure
· Work in multicultural environment
· Well organized and detail oriented
· Dynamic and proactive
· Effective communication
· Strong interpersonal relations and able to work in teams
Applicants must provide three references, including their most current supervisor. These will be requested later in the process and DO NOT need to be provided with your application.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications:
• Experience in corporate budget management
• Intermediate French
• Knowledge of customs regulations
• Knowledge of Logistics
• Knowledge of SAP
Candidates must also clearly demonstrate how they meet these factors in their covering letter.
· May be required to work overtime
· Hours of work: working week of 37.5 hours; Mon-Thurs 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Fri 8:30am to 2:00pm – (may be required to work outside of regular hours of operation on occasion).
Conditions of Employment:
· Permission to work in Argentina.
· Security clearance.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must forward, before the closing deadline, an e-mail containing the following two attachments, preferably in Word
1. An up-to-date electronic version of their Resume in English.
2. A properly formatted letter in English detailing how they meet each of the language, education, experience and knowledge points under the Essential Qualifications. If candidates possess asset criteria, they should also explain this in the cover letter.
The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list to staff this position or other positions at the same/lower level, on an indeterminate, term or acting basis at the Embassy of Canada in Argentina.
· Pre-screening of the cover letter will be conducted to determine whether the candidate meets the language, education, experience and knowledge for the position. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
· Successful candidates will be invited to an exam. Selected candidates will then be invited to an interview. Reference checks will be sought.
· All communication relating to this process, including email correspondence may be used in the assessment of qualifications.
· Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required. Candidates who apply to this selection process should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email).
· Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.