The SAP Application organization is responsible for supporting the global Chevron implementation of SAP. This position will have the opportunity to be a part of the global team that delivers the 7X24 day-to-day operational and support and project delivery of SAP functionality and other tightly coupled systems. This positon will gain broad exposure to a variety of Chevron's Business Processes and work with business partners across the globe.
Provide IT functional support for Chevron’s ERP Systems by partnering with business and technical resources in the areas of Finance, Logistics, BW and Human Resources.
The successful candidate for this position will benefit from broad exposure to a multiple Business Partners across the globe, and from learning critical business processes used throughout the enterprise. The SAP Application org supports the world-wide implementation of SAP, and team members work closely with colleagues in US, Manila, India and elsewhere. With several high-level ERP initiatives underway, SAP Logistics will be a challenging, demanding, and rewarding place to work in the next few years, and the person in this position will have the opportunity to be a part of that evolution. The work involves trouble-shooting, analysis, coordination, and resolution of various types of problems for Chevron's different business units, in particular for Downstream Lubricants, Fuels and Oronite business.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Competencies Required for the Position:
1. Technical Skills and Business Process Knowledge
· Understanding of IT concepts such as application configuration, database schemas, Integration, programming, system landscapes, and Business Intelligence.
· Understanding of one or more Business Processes such as Human Resources, Finance, and Logistics. Understanding of ITIL framework.
2. Analytical and Problem Solving
· Strong analytical skills to analyze business processes and associated systems to identify and quickly resolve application issues. Ability to coordinate technical assistance from internal and external peer IT organizations to resolve issues.
· Ability to collect and understand business requirements, translate them into processes and procedures that support successful deployment, configuration, and user support
· Ability to manage multiple priorities.
3. Communication Skills
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, concise and understandable manner. Listens carefully and asks questions to understand views, concerns and comments of others. Ability to effectively communicate in culturally and geographically diverse environment.
· Ability to translate IT issues so that they are easily understandable by Business Partners, able to facilitate meetings with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.
4. Leadership and Collaboration
· Able to contribute both independently as well as a member of a team. Take ownership of deliverables; develop plans with clear and achievable goals.
· Ability and flexibility to work with multiple cultures and nationalities is key to this role.
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or other relevant fields
· Excellent customer focus and results-orientation
· Excellent communication skills in both oral and written
· Occasional domestic or international travel could be required
· 3 to 6+ Years of experience working on SAP MM Module
· Participation as MM Business Analyst in at least 2 full cycle implementation projects
• Experience in working on SAP for other logistics modules
• Experience working in a global, multi-cultural IT Support Model environment.